The interwebsphere is a buzz with Lana Del Rey post SNL hatred. I just thought I would do something I never do and give my opinion on it. (irony)
I have many random thoughts. First, everybody calm down. It’s a little troubling that when a young girl fails at something that we keep kicking her why she is down. I get very protective of girls, especially young performers, because they live a hard, emotionally challenging, often physically challenging life where you are constantly given reasons to be insecure and have panic attacks. I totally get the stuff about her not deserving to be there and I don’t mean to insult musicians in any way if that’s how they feel obviously, but this is an opportunity to show us how hard being a performer is so maybe they can all be cut some slack. Flack? I think we take our performers for granted. It’s super fucking hard to entertain people and it takes a lot of work.
I can’t really judge her performance. I am not qualified to do that since I’m very forgiving of performers because performing is FUCKING HARD. It takes a long time to get good, and even when you are good, you can be challenged by new venues and being televised, and cameras, and the uh…fear and terror of being slammed by critics and bloggers, plus if you are a woman you also get fashion criticism and if you’re a pretty woman you’re accused of having plastic surgery and if you’re not you’re “busted” and people blog about how they don’t want to fuck you…it’s not ideal. On top of that you have to deal with the self-hate and self-criticism that most performers and artists have. So even when things go great for artists and performers, it’s still hard. So when it goes bad, it’s just the worst vortex of misery. If she fell on her face, she was there, she felt it, and her having lived it is punishment enough. We don’t need to keep bashing her unless it makes us feel better about ourselves which….isn’t an ideal reason to hate someone.
I am intrigued by Lana Del Rey. She seems very odd and self-made and scrappy which I like. Her style is bonkers. She always looks so fresh and original. I think she’s from either Brooklyn or the future. Her stylist must be Baz Luhrmann. Her nails are fresh for life. Zoe Lister Jones showed me the video games video a long time ago and we were very smitten with her face and mystery and the cool video for it and legitimately good lyrics and song. We were for sure annoyed by how pretty she was but we checked that nasty competitive shit right away because the song was cool. She earned for us to not objectify her and get petty. Because something about this girl brings out the petty in us. Her quick rise? Her pretty face? Something is pissing people off about this girl and I just think it’s an opportunity for us to learn from ourselves and grow. (LOOK AT HOW MUCH OF AN ADULT I AM NOW!)
I just watched the SNL performance and I think her rhythms are weird an odd and bizarre. She seemed nervous obviously. She moves in a very drunk-at-a-wedding-and-gonna-regret-it-in-the-morning-type way which is all I really need to be entertained. I’m not saying support bad music or that she deserved to be there or anything-not my call-I’m just saying lets make the punishment at least fit the crime. Let’s not blame her, let’s blame her managers for not making her wait until they knew she would not get nervous or kick it out of the park or not do whatever happened.
I just think whether someone sucks or someone doesn’t we should be kinder to them. So whether or not Lana sucked, I think we should be encouraging and patient. Other peoples success doesn’t fuck up our lives and other people failures should not brighten them.
Lets forgive her for being human and all be kinder to each other. Let’s all just have more love and less venom all around, eh?
I am feeling very intense and fierce today! #America
Okay no more ambien for me.
- eatplaylovesing reblogged this from whitneycummings
- go-away666 likes this
- enchantedwonderstruck likes this
- bauknecht-wat-sensitive-32-di reblogged this from whitneycummings
- king-craft-hochdruckreiniger reblogged this from whitneycummings
- womeniesta reblogged this from whitneycummings
- bitterbot likes this
- tv-samsung-led-32 reblogged this from whitneycummings
- us-seo-companyiess reblogged this from whitneycummings
- symetry-genesis likes this
- goal-posts-lamer likes this
- agence-de-publicite-luxembourg reblogged this from whitneycummings
- agence-de-publicite-luxembourg likes this
- eddiebarker24 reblogged this from whitneycummings
- crazykittenn reblogged this from whitneycummings and added:
- same-day-courier reblogged this from whitneycummings
- ferbnfinesu reblogged this from whitneycummings
- organizzazione-eventi-roma reblogged this from whitneycummings
- anwar-barbouti reblogged this from whitneycummings
- toptraveltips reblogged this from whitneycummings
- staycoolbye reblogged this from whitneycummings
- whitneycummings posted this